Chew Valley Santa Scramble and Mini Santa Scramble Terms and Conditions of entry 2017.
By entering the above event you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the following conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions may (at the discretion of the event organisers) result in you not being allowed to participate or being removed from the event.
1. Age restrictions
• The Mini Santa Scramble is for up to 11 years of age as at 1st September 2017 (Primary school aged children and younger).
• Runners under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult who will be held responsible by the organisers for the safety, conduct and behaviour of the child while attending the event.
• All under 18 year olds as at 1st September 2017 can only participate with permission from their parent or guardian and acknowledge this at entry to the event.
2. Potential hazards
• You accept and understand that the event is potentially hazardous and that there are numerous risks associated with participating in such an event, including, but not limited to the following; traffic accidents running on public roadways and on rough uneven terrains, collisions with pedestrians, vehicles, other drivers and/or fixed or moving objects and the negligence of other road users.
• You understand and accept that participation in the event may result in serious bodily injury and/or death to yourself or others.
• You confirm that you have entered the event voluntarily and with full knowledge of the risks that are associated with the event.
• Whilst there are no rules regarding the speed that you complete the route you confirm that you are unaware of any health or other condition which may affect your ability to safely take part in the Event.
• You will only participate in the event if medically fit and well enough to run/walk the designated distance.
• You are strongly advised to seek medical advice before participating in the Event if you are unsure about the state of your health.
• You must not take part if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• If at any time during the event you feel unwell you will make a race marshal aware of this immediately and cease activity until medical care confirms you are able to continue.
4. Insurance cover
• The Organisers do not provide you with insurance cover in respect of any illness, accident, injury, death, loss or damages arising in connection with your attendance at or participation in the event.
• You acknowledge that it is your personal responsibility to arrange for insurance cover for the Event if you wish to be covered by insurance.
• You agree that you will at all times during the event follow the instructions and/or advice given by race marshals, the Highway Code and any additional safety rules put in place for the event.
• You confirm that at all times you will not behave in a way that threatens your safety or the safety of those around you. Nor will you threaten, intimidate, bully, be physically aggressive with any entrants or race marshals.
6. Personal belongings
• Please look after your belongings carefully as whilst the event does have a secure baggage store for additional clothing they accept no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any property you bring to the event whether owned by you or under your control.
• The Organisers shall not be liable to you for any liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses including any direct or indirect or consequential losses, lost profit, loss of interest and legal and other professional costs and expenses suffered or incurred by you arising out of, or in connection with you taking part in the event.
• You agree that at no time in the future will you, or any of your family seek compensation from the race organisers as a result of any liabilities, costs, expenses, damages suffered or incurred by you, directly or indirectly, or by your family arising from your taking part in the Event.
• By participating in the event you agree to being photographed and for the Organisers to use such material in any marketing and promotional material at any time in the future including in printed leaflets, flyers, adverts in magazines, newspapers and online.
• Should you not wish images to be used in this manner you agree to contact the event organisers at the following address email@example.com no later than 12:00 on the day of the event (3rd December 2017). After this time we cannot guarantee that images will not be used for press and publicity purposes as described above.
9. Cancellation / Refunds.
• The Event organisers shall do all they can to ensure the event takes place however if circumstances beyond their control force cancellation then there will be no refund of the entry fee.
• Should you be unable to participate we are unable to offer any refund of entry fee however where possible and with sufficient notice, the event organisers may permit race entries being passed to another with written permission from the original entrant emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will only be on the understanding that the size of the Santa Suit provided shall be that requested by the original entrant.
10. Personal information
• For the purposes of organising the event you agree to the event organisers using your personal details to send you information relating to this event and future events.
• Your personal information will not be sold or passed on to a third party.